Today’s lifestyle has several serious health issues that an individual faces during his life span. One of the most common problems that an individual may face is back pain. Back pain may arise due to various reasons like inappropriate body posture, lifting of heavyweight, lack of muscle movements and more. Some people get relief from pain by opting medications while some have to undergo complex surgical methods (spine surgery) like Spinal Disc Replacement Surgery.
Spine surgery is a medical option that is usually prescribed by doctors for treating severe and continuous back pain conditions. This treatment option is often applied as a last resort when all other conservative treatments seem failed. Here we will discuss different types of surgical methods that are performed by doctors on patients that have different causes of severe back pain.
1. Discectomy – This surgical method includes the removal of abnormal disc material that creates pressure on a nerve root or the spinal cord and causes pain. The procedure is targeted at the herniated disc in the vertebrae. The disc is removed through this procedure so that the patients can be relieved of the pains on the nerves.
2. Foraminotomy - This surgical procedure is carried out to remove tissues that are compressing the nerves in the back. If the condition in the back is more than herniated disk then foraminotomy is usually applied. Also, this procedure helps to remove a part of the bone that constricted the nerves in the spinal column.
3. Laminectomy - This procedure is used to treat back pains identified to be caused by spondylolisthesis and stenosis. The procedure involves the removal of a portion of the vertebral bone called the lamina, which is the roof of the spinal canal. This option can be carried out with spinal fusion.
4. Spine Fusion - Spinal fusion is like a "welding" process by which two or more of the spinal vertebrae that make the spinal column are joined together This surgery is aimed at stopping the movement between adjacent vertebrae.
5. Spinal Disc Replacement - Although this procedure is not common, it is applied as a new surgical treatment for back pain. This procedure involves the replacement of worn or degenerated disc in the lower spine with an artificial or synthetic disc. Though the procedure is not so common, yet Spinal Disc Replacement Surgery Price is affordable in countries like
People suffer from different types of back pain and depending upon their medical conditions doctors decide which method is best suitable. In countries like
there is a number of hospitals specializing in the latest techniques and
treatments to treat severe back pain. The prices of the surgeries are also
affordable. All these reasons attract the tourists from across the world for Medical Tourism in India and created
the image of India
as a medical hub. India